Semi-Truck Wreck and Injury Guide in Kansas
Trucking or semi-truck wrecks are quite a common occurrence all over the US. Given their sheer size and weight, it’s only obvious why even a seemingly minor collision can result in huge losses, both physically and financially.
If you or someone close to you has been involved in a wreck with a semi-truck or a similar large and heavy commercial vehicle, contacting a semi-truck accident law firm in Kansas may be necessary.
Any collision can be terrifying enough on its own. However, semi-truck wrecks can complicate matters even more. Recovering from losses and making a fast return to safety is much easier if you take the right steps from the start.
What Should You Do If You Have Been Hit by a semi-truck?
In order to protect yourself legally, financially, and physically, it’s important that you:
- Stay at the scene of the collision for as long as possible.
- Contact 911 and report the incident without delay.
- Call for medical services immediately, especially if there’s an emergency.
- Avoid making any claims or statements about the incident.
- Collect evidence by taking photos, capturing video, or recording audio as applicable.
- Inspect other motor vehicles and passengers for any injuries or information that you think can support your case.
- Talk to witnesses and get their names and contact details.
- Inform the DMV and other regulatory authorities about the collision.
Speak to a Semi-truck wreck Injury Lawyer
Our personal injury lawyers who specialize in trucking, big rig, delivery van and other commercial vehicle collisions can help you deal with the aftermath of being seriously injured in a semi-truck wreck.
It doesn’t matter whether the wreck was caused by truck driver negligence, maintenance issues, poor weather or bad road conditions. Our qualified truck accident attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case and fight for the maximum compensation for your hospital bills, car repairs, and other expenditures due to your injuries.
If you’ve been injured due to a semi-truck drivers’ negligence, contact DeVaughn James Injury Lawyers today to see how we can help.